Friday, September 01, 2006

Favourite retro fashion red-carpet moment this year

I was recently introduced to GoFugYourself...(I know, I'll never be accused of being an early adopter in the blogosphere.)

To GFY I credit this stylin eye-candy to our left.

I ask you, have we witnessed a more gorgeous star moment in the last year? Wait: I'm not finished. Have we witnessed a more gorgeous star moment featuring a retro/vintage look in the last year? I don't think so, friends.

I find this dress dream-gorge-ulous to the Nth degree. Its vintageosity is off the charts, yet something about the cut is also fresh and current. More importantly, it suits little Scarlett to a t--first and most important rule of style, of course. Beautiful.

The only part of the look I have an issue with is the hair thingy. I find it a bit too...literal. But that's strictly a personal vintage style preference, purely subjective.

6 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Lady Apple said...

oooh...i think i hate it...she looks like she is going to break out into song and sing about how she has too much makeup on and her hair looks silly...oh and of course she will skip around while she sings...

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger whyioughtta said...

Ha! Yes, but it's that potential for spontaneous outbreaks of song and dance that I love about this look...

I'm with you on the hair. I think it makes the look too literally 40s and therefore slightly costumey. This is the main risk we take with vintage style.

But I still love, adore, desire the dress, particularly on her beautiful hourglass frame. Softer, more mature hair and toned-down makeup would have made this look perfect in my books.

 
At 5:40 AM , Blogger whyioughtta said...

"Angrycandy" left this comment, which for some reason got flubbed when I tried to accept it:

"very much agree about the hair...i generally extend this philosophy (literal/costumey) to putting an outfit together...i try to never go all one style...i'll try break it up with hair/make-up/shoes/accessories etc...i love it when i can find an older piece in my wardrobe and pair it up with something new, or something in a different style...p.s. whyioughtta is a genius...isn't this the best blog ever?!"*

*some comments slightly editorialized for marketing purposes

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger angrycandy said...

ahahaha...actually, it is the best style blog i know of...and whyioughtta is very, very smart...i'd have to see the numbers before i could call her a genius though...i am an ER after all...what is the official genius IQ anyways? and what's the criteria to qualify as a style genius? whyioughtta should know, i'll ask her...

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger whyioughtta said...

"i know nothing except the fact of my ignorance"

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own prom dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,strapless wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Get your wedding dresses in our wedding dress shop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home