Thursday, March 08, 2007

Vintage Hermes: Ooo La La....

I haven't updated ye olde style blog in a while--it's dizzying work, downloading and uploading all those images. Some of us have day jobs, you know.

Still, it's funny how I can find time to write about Hermes scarves when faced with the necessity of writing about government human resources practices...

Silky. Coloury. Hermesy.
I'm not big on the status names. I am not a person who would buy an item of clothing, an accessory, or a car just to show off the label. I drive a Toyota Echo, people. Clearly I'm not status-driven.

But sometimes the name does come with a product that is exceptional. Such is the case with Hermes scarves. They are a Pavlovian drool-trigger for me. I can easily spend hours scanning the interweb just to gaze at them. A view of a full Hermes square is gorgeous, but the real magic happens when they're knotted. Sigh...

Here's the main problem with Hermes scarves: you're looking at $345 USD, minimum. Vintage often goes for much more. Someday, though, oh yes...I will own one.

And don't even get me started on vintage Hermes Birkins. I saw one on eBay for $50,000 USD--mind you it was crocodile, with pave diamond encrusted hardware. But $50,000 USD? I could buy a status car with that.

Here's some eye-candy nonetheless. I came upon these images from a defunct retailer in the U.K. Unfortunately, I have no info on how old they are, but I'm sure some are worth a nice sum:





This one is my fave. Isn't the subtle dove-gray-blue colour gorgeous with the...sort of...golden sienna?












Bunnies are funny!




















Wouldn't you love to have a boudoir chambre with the 'feeling' of this scarf? Wouldn't you love to have a boudoir chambre? Wouldn't you love it if I'd stop making up Frenchish-sounding terms?















My, but bold raspberry and chartreuse tones are hard to resist. Especially when paired with grass green and a little oraaahnge. Tres jolie.
















As an admitted francophile, the Hermes scarves with French themes make me downright ebulliante.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM , Blogger Carolina Lange said...

Amazing scarves, they are really beautiful!

 
At 5:04 AM , Blogger whyioughtta said...

Welcome, Carolina! Aren't they gorgeous? The new Hermes scarves are beautiful too--check them out at Hermes.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home